Camvol's placements cater to students who have a particular interest in issues relating to environment and development. Each of the organisations works in specific areas within these broad themes, and the detailed description of each placement provides details of the particular skills that will be most useful to the host organisation.
Application and selection process
The selection process for placements in Summer 2024 will take place during Lent Term 2024.
The deadline for submitting applications for placements for Summer 2024 is Monday 4 March 2024.
In order to apply for a Camvol placement, these are the steps:
- Select a placement which interests you.
- Submit a two-page CV and a 300 word statement of interest.
- One supporting reference will be required ONE WEEK after sending the application (not later than Monday 11 March 2024). This should usually be either from your Director of Studies, Course Director (for MPhil students) or College Tutor. Please ensure that you have discussed this application in advance with your referee, so that they are aware of these deadlines. References should be sent by email directly to the address below.
- If you are shortlisted for a placement, you will be informed by email and invited for an interview.
- Interviews will be held on Saturday 16th March 2024. Applicants must ensure that they are available for interview in Cambridge on that day; if you know that this will not be possible, please mention this in your application.
- Once selected, you will be provided with information and support with arrangements. Camvol will also organise a briefing session on Wednesday 24 April 2024, and an orientation day in June (date to be confirmed). BOTH THESE SESSIONS ARE COMPULSORY, and you MUST ensure that you adjust other commitments in order to attend these two sessions.
Applications should be sent to:
Ms Shiraz Vira, Director, CAMVOL by email to firstname.lastname@example.org