Camvol's placements cater to students who have a particular interest in issues relating to environment and development. Each of the organisations works in specific areas within these broad themes, and the detailed description of each placement provides details of the particular skills that will be most useful to the host organisation.
Application and selection process
The selection process takes place between November and March in the year prior to the summer in which the placement is to be taken up. For placements in summer 2017, applications and selection will take place from November 2016 till March 2017.
The second and final deadline for submitting applications for placements for Summer 2017 is Monday 20 February 2017.
In order to apply for a Camvol placement, these are the steps:
- Select a placement which interests you.
- Submit a two-page CV and a 300 word statement of interest.
- One supporting reference will be required ONE WEEK after sending the application (not later than Monday 27 February 2017); this should usually be either from your Director of Studies, Course Director (for MPhil students) or College Tutor. Please ensure that you have discussed this application with your referee, and that these references are sent by post or email directly to the address below.
- If you are shortlisted for a placement, you will be informed by email and invited for an interview.
- Interviews will be held face to face in Cambridge during the week beginning 13 March 2017. Applicants must ensure that they are available for interview in Cambridge during this week.
- Once selected, you will be provided with information and support with arrangements. Camvol will also organise an orientation day prior to departure. It is compulsory to attend this orientation day, which will be held on Monday 19 June 2017.
Applications should be sent to:
Ms Shiraz Vira, Director, CAMVOL, 139 Bramley Way, Hardwick, Cambridge CB23 7XE, or by email to email@example.com