Camvol's placements cater to students who have a particular interest in issues relating to environment and development. Each of the organisations works in specific areas within these broad themes, and the detailed description of each placement provides details of the particular skills that will be most useful to the host organisation.
Application and selection process
The selection process takes place between November and March in the year prior to the summer in which the placement is to be taken up. For placements in summer 2019, applications and selection will take place from November 2018 till March 2019.
The second deadline for submitting applications for placements for Summer 2019 is Wednesday 20 February 2019.
In order to apply for a Camvol placement, these are the steps:
- Select a placement which interests you.
- Submit a two-page CV and a 300 word statement of interest.
- One supporting reference will be required ONE WEEK after sending the application (not later than Wednesday 27 February 2019). This should usually be either from your Director of Studies, Course Director (for MPhil students) or College Tutor. Please ensure that you have discussed this application in advance with your referee, so that they are aware of these deadlines. References should be sent by email directly to the address below.
- If you are shortlisted for a placement, you will be informed by email and invited for an interview.
- Interviews will be held face to face in Cambridge during the week beginning 11 March 2019. Applicants must ensure that they are available for interview in Cambridge during this week.
- Once selected, you will be provided with information and support with arrangements. Camvol will also organise a briefing session on Wednesday 23 April 2019, and an orientation day on Monday 17 June 2019. Both these are compulsory, and you must ensure that you are available to attend these two sessions.
Applications should be sent to:
Ms Shiraz Vira, Director, CAMVOL by email to firstname.lastname@example.org