Camvol's placements cater to students who have a particular interest in issues relating to international development. Each of the organisations works in specific areas within these broad themes, and the description of each placement provides details of the particular skills that will be most useful to the host organisation.
Application and selection process
The selection process for placements in Summer 2021 will take place during April and May 2021.
The deadline for submitting applications for placements for Summer 2021 is Sunday 2 May 2021.
In order to apply for a Camvol placement, these are the steps:
- Select a placement which interests you.
- Submit a two-page CV and a 250 word statement of interest.
- One supporting reference will be required ONE WEEK after sending the application (not later than Sunday 9 May 2021). This should usually be either from your Director of Studies, Course Director (for MPhil students) or College Tutor. Please ensure that you have discussed this application in advance with your referee, so that they are aware of these deadlines. References should be sent by email directly to the address below.
- If you are shortlisted for a placement, you will be informed by email and invited for an interview.
- Interviews will be held via Zoom during the week beginning 10 May 2021. Applicants must ensure that they are available for interviews during this week.
- Once selected, you will be provided with information and support with arrangements. Camvol will also organise an orientation day on Monday 21 June 2021. You MUST ensure that you adjust other commitments in order to attend this session.
Applications should be sent to:
Ms Shiraz Vira, Director, CAMVOL by email to email@example.com